Post last updated: Tuesday, May 19
COVID-19 In-Person Service Update
We are living in an ever-changing climate due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the Wisconsin “Safer At Home” being lifted late last week, we have taken time to prayerfully consider our next steps regarding in-person services.
Epikos Church continues to follow CDC recommendations and is taking a conservative and safe approach which means we currently have no plans to gather in-person. With the constantly changing legal and health guidelines, we will continue to monitor the situation in the coming weeks. We miss seeing you all in-person on Sunday but we also know that God is at work during this season.
As a large multi-site church in the heart of urban Milwaukee, we face unique challenges in the reopening process. Being a good neighbor, serving our people well, and stewarding this moment are key considerations in our planning efforts to reopen. We will not be the first gathering to reopen but we certainly will not be the last.
In the meanwhile, we will continue to have online services at epikos.online.church each Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00 AM. We hope that you will continue to join us in fellowship online. Our staff are present each week to facilitate community, conversation, and live prayer for all who attend. We do not believe online church is a replacement for in-person gathering but in this season know that we must be creative in our approach to continue our mission of making more and better disciples through gospel-centered worship, service, community, and multiplication.
We ask that you join us in prayer for health and safety throughout the world and for this pandemic to come to an end. We are trusting in God’s sovereign hand and know that He is in control of all things.
What Does Sunday Look Like?
- All Epikos campus buildings are closed until further notice
- Visit epikos.online.church at 9:00 or 11:00 AM CST to participate in the live stream of our service
- The video of the service will be available at epikos.online.church for 24 hours after our 11:00 AM service is finished
What Can You Do?
- PRAY—Together, let us continue to trust in our God and love our neighbors as we walk through this season of uncertainty. Ask God to pour out his peace and his healing upon those in our local and global community who are being affected by this virus.
- STAY TUNED—There will be additional communication. Check your email, regularly visit this page, as well as all Epikos social media channels. We will be offering regular updates.
- SHARE THIS MESSAGE—There are congregants who may not check the website, email, or social media regularly. Please think of those within your networks and keep them updated on what is happening at Epikos during this time.
- While virtual services will not become a long term replacement for our gathering as the Body of Christ, it is essential for us to take this creative approach to worship together during this time.
- The uncertainty of this situation is creating anxiety in our day-to-day activities, yet we remain certain of God’s steadfast love and sovereignty. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust based on CDC and WHO recommendations as they change.
- Please reach out to with any questions. Be assured that the staff is available to connect with you via phone calls or virtual meetings during this time.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. —Psalm 46:1–3