To make more and better disciples
Epikos Church was founded in 2004 by a small group of people who shared a common vision—to make more and better disciples for Christ in the Milwaukee metro-area. What once began in a small apartment on Milwaukee’s East Side has blossomed into a multiethnic, multigenerational church meeting in multiple locations throughout the city.
One church, multiple locations
Three campuses strategically located across the city
Epikos’ original campus on the East Side of Milwaukee has served as the launching church for our other three campuses. And while we no longer hold services there, the building now serves as our central staff offices.
In 2012, Epikos planted a campus in the old Paradise Theater located in the City of West Allis. The theater was scheduled to be demolished by the city, but with the generosity of the people of Epikos, we were able to restore this historic location, and it now serves as a place where lives are being restored.
In 2016, a new campus was planted on the North Side of Milwaukee, which met as a mobile campus in the Barack Obama High School for four years. In 2020, we were blessed with a permanent location for this campus in the Sherman Park neighborhood, which is predominately African-American.
Launched in 2021, the Mayfair Road Campus location has 5 different zip codes within one mile of the building. The campus draws many people from both the city and the suburbs. We have a food pantry located in the church that typically serves more than 50–60 families weekly from the surrounding areas.
West Allis Campus
6229 W. Greenfield Ave.
Sherman Park Campus
3737 N. Sherman Blvd.
Mayfair Road Campus
4515 N. Mayfair Rd.
We are prayerfully seeking the right leader to help maintain the culture of Epikos in reaching out to non-believers throughout the city, while navigating the opportunities and challenges ahead in expanding a multisite, multiethnic, and intergenerational vision across Milwaukee and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Embrace and mentor staff and key leaders in the church
- Preach a gospel-centered, effective, expository message
- Along with Elders and the Executive Pastor, cast vision, lead strategy, and oversee operational leadership
- Shepherd the congregation, leadership, and staff to discover and use the gifts they have been given as we strive to make more and better disciples
- Foster the church’s passion for the lost and teach them to tell their own transformation stories
What skills you’ll need:
- Be a gifted mentor
- Ability to deliver God’s Word with faithfulness to the text in a compelling and relevant fashion
- Have a history of courageously leading healthy teams, growing churches, and helping to guide the church in new directions as needed
- Prolific speaking and oration
- Model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading
- Active prayer life
- Consistent spiritual disciplines
- Displayed evidence of God-glorifying spiritual fruit (Galatians 5:22–23)
Ready to apply?
Our search team has opted to use Chemistry Staffing, a pastoral search system that focuses on ways for us to discover if we are a good fit for each other.